Crossdressing in the Summer can be sweltering! Wig, breast forms, bras, waist cinchers, butt pads, long sleeves to cover arm hair, two layers of stockings to cover leg hair, and makeup melting on your face, it’s not a pretty sight in the unrelenting summer heat. So what can a girl do to stay cool and fresh? These Summer Fashion clothing tips are sure to keep you cool as you enjoy the summer fun.
Free your Feet for Summer Fashion
- Paint your toenails a bright, bold colour to make a hot summer fashion statement. Coral, teal, red or neon pink are guaranteed to make a splash! If you think your feet or toenails are too big and will appear manly, minimize the size by creating a design, or use two different colours on one nail. If your nails are highlighted with colour, the eye will be drawn there, not to the rest of your foot.
- Wear open toed sandals, flip flops or flats. Summer is for running, swimming, hanging out with friends by a campfire. There is no need to look like you walked off the runway in sky-high heels! Ditch the heels and tread lightly in some fun, light footwear.
Show Off Those Legs! (Or Not)
- If you got it, flaunt it! If you opt to shave your legs, all the power to you! Wear skirts, shorts or sundresses to reveal what’s been hidden all winter.
- If shaving your legs is not an option, you don’t have to swelter in the heat under layers of stockings. Instead, choose a long, floor length, flowy dress or skirt. Also look for bright, bold patterns or pleats to hide any other manly body parts, excess weight or other things you usually try to cram into a pair of stockings! Fabrics should be heavy enough to not be see-through, but light enough to be breathable.
- Show off your enviable leg-length and be in hot Summer Fashion with elastic, high-waisted, straight-legged pants. It doesn’t matter what colour, dark or light, these types of pants are sure to keep you loose, cool and feeling sexy.
Waist Cinchers and Corsets be Gone!
- Breathe a sigh of relief from the heat! Ditch the cincher and choose breathable Summer Fashion instead. Bamboo is a revolutionary fabric that wicks moisture away and keeps you cool.
- Opt for optical illusions! Look for dresses and clothing styles that create the illusion of curves. Search for dresses that have colourful fronts and backs with darker sides. Other options to create waist curves are belts, side ruching, decorative buckles and bows.
Summer Fashion to Cover your Arms
- Sweaters and long sleeves aren’t really an option in the summer heat. To cover muscular or hairy arms and shoulders, try a light wrap. A large silky scarf or lightly knitted poncho are great, airy summer options.
- Instead of hiding your shoulders, highlight them with peasant type blouses or off-the shoulder tops. This Summer Fashion adds a flirtiness to your look while keeping you cool.
- Go lacy if you need the comfort of long sleeves. Choose a dark colour to hide hair, or go for a lighter look with whites and creams.
Summer Fashion Accessories
- Accessorize your look with hats, bags, jewellery, scarves, fun belts and don’t forget sunglasses!
- Remember the hottest summer look you can rock is a smile, so wear yours boldly and get out there in the Summer Heat, with these awesome Summer Fashion hits!
- Check out Summer Beauty tips for Crossdressers to Beat the Heat for great makeup tips to keep your face from melting this summer.
Comment below your favourite tip or summer fashion secret!