With summer fast approaching, most people start thinking about the beach, picnics, fun in the sun and and other outdoor activities. But what if you don’t want to go out because you’re afraid your face will melt off?! Don’t let the summer heat ruin your fun or your makeup. These Summer Beauty tips will be sure to keep you looking fresh, and feeling fun and playful in the Summer Heat!
Summer Beauty Makeup Tips for your Foundation
- Double check your colour. As your skin tans in the summers rays, you will need to change your foundation colour. You’ll want to look as natural as possible without using a ton of foundation. The best way to do this is to ensure you are using the right colour.
- Try a CC Cream. CC stands for complexion corrector. It is a light liquid application, thinner than liquid foundation. Many CC Creams also have SPF protection in them. Use a CC cream on your forehead, cheeks, chin and nose just to even out your skin tone and blend any concealers you might be using.
- Powder it up! Use a foundation or translucent powder on your face after applying your foundation. Powder helps diminish oiliness, shininess and helps to keep your makeup from shifting. Pack some in your purse with a brush for quick touch ups throughout the day.
- Use blotting papers. Available from most cosmetics counters, blotting papers are discreet little pieces of tissue paper that you can use to control oil and sweat on your face. Unlike a Kleenex, it won’t rub your makeup off, it will just soak up any oil or sweat from your skin. Other products you might like to try are oil mattifiers and foundations specifically designed for oily skin.
Summer Beauty Makeup Tips for your Eyes
- Lighten your look with pale colours. Use light eye colours such as beige, creams, light pinks and pale browns. If you are prone to sweating, these lighter colours won’t be as noticeable if they happen to run or smear out of place.
- Use Cream Eye Colours. Cream eye shadow comes in a small pot and is applied with a brush or your finger. Once on, it stays in place much better than mineral eye shadows. They do not crease, smear or run. Cream eye shadows are perfect for hot, sweaty, or oily eye lids.
- Try waterproof mascara. Waterproof mascara is not to be used daily, but if you are going to be swimming, sweating a lot, or crying at a summer wedding, waterproof is the way to go.
Summer Beauty Tips for your Lips
- Use a lip liner. Have you ever experienced your lipstick bleeding beyond your lip line? That’s because you didn’t use a liner to create a barrier. Lip liners will keep your lipstick from migrating off your lips and will hold it in place longer.
- Lighten up with lip gloss. Dash out the door and off to a picnic with a smack of lip gloss! Lip gloss is already in a liquid state, so you don’t need to worry about it melting or smearing on your face.
- Lighten your look with pale colours. Same as for your eyes, choose lighter lip colours such as pale pink, apricot or a light golden colour.
Other Fun Summer Beauty Tips
- Wear SPF protection. There’s nothing worse than a red, sunburned, skin-peeling nose or shoulders. Do yourself and your health a favour by using sunscreen.
- Wear a hat. Wearing a big-brimmed hat will shade your face, keep you cooler, and in turn ensure your makeup is kept intact. Plus, hats are super fun and will turn heads in a positive way!
- Tie your hair back. With your hair off your neck and face, you’ll feel cooler and sweat less.
If you follow these simple summer beauty makeup tips, you can go out, worry-free to enjoy some fun in the sun! Do you have some great beauty hacks you want to share? Comment below!