How To Pack To Keep Your Pretty Things Pretty
Let’s face it, crossdressers have secret, pretty things hidden away in a duffle bag in the back reaches of their closet! But wouldn’t it be lovely if your items were still beautiful and not a dusty, wrinkled mess after being in storage? Here are a few tips on how to pack like a pro to keep your pretty things pretty!
Your bag should be large enough to hold everything, with several exterior and interior pockets. Separate your shoes, jewellery, cosmetics, wigs, clothes, padding into appropriate storage within your bag.
How to Pack Everyday Items
- How to Pack Shoes: Put shoes in a velvet shoe bag or an exterior pocket. Shoes will be protected from dust. Everything else in your bag will be protected from getting poked by a high heel!
- How to Pack Small Items: All make up, jewellery, hair & nail accessories, scarves, pantyhose, slips, panties, etc can be stored in a cosmetic roll up bag. It’s amazing how much these roll ups hold! Find what you are looking for quickly in a bag with clear pockets.
- How to Pack cosmetics: Cosmetics should be stored in a cosmetic roll up bag as well. Divide everything into the different pockets in categories. Foundations, concealers and blush in one pocket; eye makeup in another; lipstick in a third and disposable applicators, sponges, Q-tips, brushes, etc in the last pocket. Everything will be clean, organized and you will save tons of time by not searching for things when you are getting dressed.
- How to Pack Clothes: Carefully wrap all clothing in tissue paper and roll tightly. This not only saves you a ton of space, but, when done carefully, minimizes many wrinkles. There’s nothing worse than finally being able to slip into that silky blouse and finding it a wrinkled disgrace. Look for synthetic fabrics that are wrinkle-resistant.
How to Pack Feminization Items
- How to Pack Wigs: Wigs should be kept in a pretty, decorative cardboard box or zip closure bag. Place a wad of tissue paper inside the cap of the wig, wrap a hairnet around the entire wig. Pack tissue paper around it before placing in the bag or box. Do this to minimize static and keep your wig from becoming crushed or tangled.
- How to Pack Padding: Silicone breast forms and other pads should be wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in an interior or exterior pocket in your duffle bag. Keep them away from high heel shoes or disaster could strike!
- Add a photo album to your bag with photos of yourself or inspirational photos to help you when you are looking to add to your secret bag.
With these basic practices in place, you will love unpacking your secrets and will feel pretty in the process! Take care of your lovely things and honour them in the way they deserve.